IdahoPTV Home > Idaho Reports
Good with the status quo
Friday, November 7: Only 43% of Idaho's eligible citizens voted on Tuesday, and in nearly every race, they said they were fine with the current officeholder or a departing officeholder's fellow party member. Most contests weren't close, not even those expected to be so, like for Secretary of State. We crunch some numbers, and give you a taste of how candidates reacted to the returns on election night.
Between retirements and losses in the primary and general elections, the 2015 Idaho Legislature will have 18 new faces. Reporters Kevin Richert (Idaho Education News) and Bill Manny (Idaho Statesman) join political analyst Jim Weatherby and reporter Betsy Russell (Spokesman-Review) on the pundits panel to discuss what we learned from the ballots cast and what it all means for next year's legislative session.
Idaho Reports: Election 2014 Wrap-Up
- Intro (00:00 - 01:02)
- Numbers Speak: Melissa Davlin looks at turnout, some close — and not so close — races, and money spent. (01:01 - 04:40)
- Election Night: A quick taste of how candidates reacted to the returns on election night. (04:39 - 06:38)
- Pundits: An election post-mortem, and what the results may mean for the upcoming legislative session. (06:37 - 28:49)
- Full Video
- Fridays at 8:00 p.m. MT/PT
- Sundays at 10:30/9:30 a.m. MT/PT
- More IdahoPTV broadcasts
On Public Radio
- Boise State Public Radio, Sundays at 7:00 p.m. MT
Have a question or comment? Email us.